google_ad_client = “ca-pub-7375354652362298”;
/* 300×250, Under Video */
google_ad_slot = “9477832559”;
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
This is a beautiful looking salad which is a harmonious combination of arugula and melon. Arugula is a peppery flavor leaf while melon is juicy and sweet. Mix the two with yogurt dressing and this combination creates a very refreshing salad for summer days and can be served as healthy snack.
This recipe will serve 2.
- 2 cups arugula leaves roughly chopped or substitute with spinach leaves.
- 2 cups melons peeled and cut into 1-1/2 inch thin slices (melon should be very firm)
- 3 strawberries cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Approx. 4 tablespoons orange juice freshly squeezed
- Approx. 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Keep the yogurt in a strainer for about fifteen minutes to drain the excess water. The yogurt should be thick in consistency.
- To make dressing add honey, ginger juice, salt and pepper to the thickened yogurt and mix it well. Add orange juice to the yoghurt mix as needed to give the dressing a pourable consistency.
- Arrange the arugula, melon and strawberries in salad bowl; Pour the dressing over salad. Serve this salad chilled!
Salad should be served chilled, for best taste, refrigerate the sliced melon at least for one hour before serving the salad. Dressing can be prepared one day in advance.
via Manjula’s Kitchen http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ManjulasKitchen/~3/ZW3_x32Ir8M/