google_ad_client = “ca-pub-7375354652362298”;
/* 300×250, Under Video */
google_ad_slot = “9477832559”;
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
google_page_url = “http://www.manjulaskitchen.com”;
Recipe submitted by Dipti Joshi
This is a simple and spicy recipe for a quick meal. On lazy evenings, just put together various vegetables mixed with spices and bake them on satay sticks. A colorful and tasty meal will be ready in 30 minutes. It can be served as an entree dish for parties or get-togethers.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
Equipment and Utensils
- 1 Big mixing bowl
- 10 Satay sticks
- 225 grams (3 medium) Potatoes washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 200 grams (10 medium) Mushrooms washed
- 85 grams (1 big) Onion cut into 1 inch squares
- 80 grams (1 big) Carrot washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 60 grams (1/2 small) Cauliflower washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Curd
- Masala Mix:
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds dry roasted
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds dry roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves dry roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Mace dry roasted
- 2-3 Green Cardamom
- 5-6 Kashmiri Red chilies dry roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Grind all ingredients listed under ‘Masala Mix’ to a smooth powder.
- Take the big bowl and add curd to it.
- Add the masala powder and mix it will the curd.
- Mixture should be thick enough to coat vegetables.
- Check salt and seasoning.
- Add all cut vegetables and coat them with this mixture.
- Take the satay sticks and arrange the cut vegetables as desired.
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Take a square baking tray and arrange all sticks across the top of the tray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Any extra masala paste drip into the baking tray.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce or pudina chutney.
Prepare satay sticks and keep them refrigerated. Remove them from the refrigerator one hour before serving. Let them reach room temperature (approx 30 minutes). Then proceed to bake them for 30 minutes.
Total Calories: 421.15 Kcal
Fat: 2.91 gm
Protein: 13.45 gm
Carbohydrates: 85.86 gm
Minerals: 3.57 gm
Fibber: 5.29 gm
via Manjula’s Kitchen http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ManjulasKitchen/~3/CtJMCFUE4Vs/
via RecipeBlogger http://allindianrecipeswow.blogspot.com/2012/10/baked-veggie-satay.html